Saturday, April 16th, we did it! What an awesome feeling, I never thought I'd be able to run more than 2 miles put together!
Hanni and I have been training for this half marathon since the beginning of January. Running 3-4 times a week, with loooong runs on Saturdays, our work finally paid off as we ran 13.1 miles in the Salt Lake City Half Marathon. We had our goal finish times, and got pretty close to them, but I think we accomplished several other more important things along the way: getting back in shape after the baby (me, not Hannah!), becoming closer together as sisters, and totally rocking that 8 mile run in the blizzard a few weeks ago! You're amazing Hans, thanks for keeping me going all those miles. Love ya!
I also have to thank Tawni, my future sister-in-law. An accomplished runner and athlete herself, last fall she invited me to sign up for the half marathon, and little did she know that I'd always dreamed of being able to run that kind of a race, but never had the gumption to start - her invite gave me that little bit of confidence I needed to say, "maybe I could...". Thanks Tawni, love you too.
Way to go!!! I could never, and I mean never, accomplish something like that. By the way we have a blog too. Check it out at www.danandcathiepackerfamily.blogspot.com.
ReplyDeleteand now you have totally inspired me to run! way to go. i can't wait to hear how your next run goes!! keep it up girl!!
ReplyDelete